All businesses need to ensure they’re protected against online threats. Whether it’s protection against phishing or malware, or ensuring your firewalls are adequately shielding you from digital dangers – cyber security should be at the front of any business owner’s mind. Afterall, it’s likely you’re working with sensitive data, private customer details or valuable content that you can’t afford to lose.
Being an equestrian business is no different, and it’s crucial that you’re aware of potential threats to your business. If you run an equestrian company, it’s likely that you’ll use transactional systems such as EC Pro and PDQ to take payments and manage bookings, while also using social media to connect and engage with customers. This reliance on technology makes equestrian businesses a target for cyber-attacks, which is why it’s essential you have strong protective measures in place.
A cyber-attack can have a devastating impact on riding schools, livery yards, and equestrian e-commerce companies of any size. In a worst-case scenario, a successful attack could leave a business unable to recover. Fortunately, the Ravenhall Rural team work solely with businesses in this sector, meaning we understand your needs more than other brokers, or generic insurance companies. Within this article, we’ll look at how you can become better prepared for and protected against a cyber-attack.
How Cyber Cover Can Help Your Business
Hackers cause the most devastation to businesses with easy-to-breach online defences. In most circumstances, this includes small businesses, charities or those that may not keep abreast of technological advances. If a business like this employs systems such as EC Pro and uses PDQ machines to take payments, low security thresholds will put financial information at risk. Having a comprehensive level of cyber cover in place will not only help protect your business from cyber-attacks, it will also ensure you’re covered if you fall victim to one.
Cyber cover helps your equestrian business in several ways, including:
- Business continuity: Cyber cover can help your business recover and continue by reducing the financial losses that result from a cyber-attack. This is because cyber cover can address the cost of repairing or replacing lost data, the cost of investigating and responding to a cyber-attack, and the cost of legal fees if the business is sued as a result of a cyber-attack.
- Data protection: Cyber cover can help you protect your data from being lost or stolen. If you lost access to your business data you may be left unable to operate, and even need to shut down completely.
- Protecting your reputation: Cyber-attacks can damage a business’s reputation. Customers may be reluctant to do future business with a company that has been the victim of a cyber-attack, fearing for the security of their data. Cyber cover helps you protect your reputation by providing you with the resources you need to respond to a cyber-attack quickly and effectively.
What does Cyber Insurance cover?
We understand that you might require less or more cover, dependant on your business size, budget, and commitments. This is why Ravenhall Rural works with you to ensure that adequate cover in place, and that cover levels are best fitted to your business’s specific requirements.
Our bespoke insurance policies are structured to account for all your needs, building from a general cyber security policy. This usually covers –
- Your business’s personal digital assets, should you lose this information/data, or should it become damaged.
- Business interruption from a cyber event
- Customer notification expenses
- Cyber extortion
- Reputational damage
- Theft of money or digital assets
How Ravenhall Rural can help
Our Rural team are equestrian experts, here to help meet the needs of equestrian businesses across the UK. We go the extra mile to understand your businesses insurance requirements. Whether you’re a big riding school or a small livery yard, we’ve got your covered. Our team are on hand to not only find the best policy for your business – but to provide you with helpful advice on how you can strengthen your business’s security. We’re dedicated to keeping you, your business, and your beloved horses safe.
Ravenhall Rural are a dedicated team of rural experts working within Ravenhall Group. As independent Chartered Insurance Brokers, our team offer tailor-made advice and solutions to equestrian clients across the UK. The Rural team are not only certified and experienced in all areas of business insurance, but also have a keen interest in horses and the equestrian lifestyle. If you’d like to speak with our friendly team about insurance cover, you can arrange a no-obligation chat on 0113 350 3330. We look forward to hearing from you!